A home insurance covers the damages that certain losses, so it is usual that the question arises whether its contracting is forced or not.
The certain thing is that, although its hiring is not obligatory in any case, it allows to protect the structure of the property, included goods and the damages in the facilities that could cause to third parties.
Recommendations of Espigul
Before hiring insurance for your home, consider the following tips:
1. Make an inventory of the objects to obtain a preliminary guidance value.
2. Check exactly what covers the policy. Some cover some types of damage that others do not.
3. To avoid surprises, ask the insurance company to inform you clearly about the excluded risks.
4. If you have an alarm, armored door or bars, you will surely get benefits.
5. If you have to report a claim, do it immediately. If you delay too long the insurer can refuse to cover the damages.
Are you an owner or tenant? We tell you the difference
The insurance can cover three modalities: content, continent and civil liability. Depending on the agreement reached by the owner and tenant, it will be possible to contract one or another type of policy, from Espigul real estate we explain it to you.
Who covers the continent?
If you want to ensure the structure and construction (continent), the cost of insurance is usually borne by the owner of the property.
Who covers the content?
If what you want is that the policy includes furniture, appliances, jewelry and other objects (content), the cost should be borne by the tenant.
Liability insurance covers possible damages caused to third parties through fault or negligence of the insured and must be contracted by both parties.
In short, hiring a home insurance is not mandatory, although it is recommended to enjoy economic tranquility in case of unforeseen events.