Most or all we consume comes packaged in plastic. Every year according to a publication of the avant-garde, 144 plastic bags per year are used per inhabitant.
These plastic waste unfortunately end up in landfills, beaches, rivers and oceans and contribute to very important problems in our ecosystem. Today we want to leave you some tips to reduce the use of this material:
- The first of all is to start to become aware of the reduction of this material that is found everywhere: food, appliances, toys, etc. If we are clear about the goal it is easier to get there.
- Many of the purchases we make, the majority do not say almost everything contains plastic. We must try to carry a bag on top of it, avoid buying plastic bottles and if possible to take it in bulk.
- Change the cleaning products and go on using traditional products such as baking soda, vinegar, soap or essential oils. Not only will you avoid the plastics but also toxic elements.
- Buy personal hygiene products, such as shampoos, softeners, body soaps, deodorants, etc. in bulk or packaged in glass.
- Many textiles and clothes that we buy come packaged with plastic or directly and carry it in the same product, such as nylon, polyester, liquor or acrylic. If possible we try to avoid it
We hope these tips will help you, if you have more proposals, do not hesitate to write to us and we will do a later post later to share them.